Founded in 1998, the Friends of the Arthur Conan Doyle Collection is an independent group that works closely with the Toronto Reference Library to support the Arthur Conan Doyle collection. Our objectives:
– To work with the Library to help maintain and enhance the Collection and its services to the public and, in consultation with the Library’s staff, to advise on issues pertaining to the Collection.
– To raise funds for special acquisitions for the Collection, for the improvement of the physical facilities and for other special projects.
– To promote and carry out programs and activities designed to raise awareness of the existence and contents of the Collection and to provide educational activities for members.
– To act as a resource for the Collection and private collections in Canada and elsewhere, in consultation with the Library staff.
– To work cooperatively with The Bootmakers of Toronto and other organizations dedicated to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and his works.
Our activities include sponsoring events relating to the Collection, and publishing our newsletter, The Magic Door.
Toronto Public Library, 789 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario, M4W 2G8